Monday 25 August 2014

Faded lavender


This time is always a strange time of year. Summer is breathing its last breaths and that cool autumn wind is slowly curling around our ankles. However, I do enjoy these strange inbetween days. Little rituals of winter start to return; jackets reappear from the back of wardrobes, old receipts and tickets are found in coat pockets, even putting on tights feels like a whole new venture. But we're not at that winter coat stage yet (though who knows I do live in England.) we still have these last moments before the start of a new school year (or back to work for those of you who are proper humans.) I'll be going into my last year of sixth form which is rather bittersweet, but more and more I feel a yearning for independence, new experiences and, above all, to find out what kind of person I am around people who don't know me. But, before all of that we've still got this chunk of summer. Enjoy it.

(P.S. for anyone who cares the shirt and jacket are charity shop finds, my skirt is H&M  and my shoes are from Paris darlinggggggg)

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you wrote this, in particular your description of the rituals of new seasons (also like your shirt, jacket and hair!). I'm about to start uni, but I think it'll be weird when school holidays will no longer be how I measure my time and changes.

    ReplyDelete